Being locked down during covid-19
We've been on lock-down almost two months now, it could be longer, i've actually lost count. Unfortuntely for me, my other job consists of me being a 'keyworker'. So imagine a keyworker, with a family of keyworkers, a child needing to be home-schooled, a hubby stuck abroad and you are generally a person who suffers from mild anxiety. I can tell you, it hasn't been easy. I have had to do my best to protect my family. I've loved spending this time with my son, we have made some memories! Quarantine has been hard, but i can only imagine what it has been, or what it is like for those people suffering from Mental health issues or people that live in a hazardous environment. In these troubled times, I'm praying for everyone. It is important to keep faith in the Lord and know that he has your back no matter what. Don't be afraid to speak to your doctor and let them know exactly how you feel. They may be able to refer you to Talking Therapies if you have no one to talk to.
Here are some things I've done to keep myself busy.
1) Reading - Try to read every single day, even for 10 minutes. I'm currently reading 'The 5 Love Languages' by Gary Chapman, and I'm loving it so far. My son has just finished reading 'Planet Omar' by Zanib Mian and he absolutely adored it. Get your kids to read too, and read to each other - this counts as quality bonding time!
2) Walking - Try to get some fresh air and go out for walks everyday. At first, I was too anxious to even step outside the house but you cannot live your life in fear. Mask up, Glove up and get out! I have been walking for atleast 1.5 hours per day.
3) Meditating - Mediation is like food for the mind and soul. Try to get some free time to meditate once or twice a day, in the morning and possibly at night. Download as much free apps as you can. Some i'd recommend are 'Headspace' 'Lets Mediatate' 'Law of Attraction' and 'LSW Minds'. LSW Minds are offering some FREE products, cards and guides, so take every opportunity and grab your FREE gift here:
4) Home Spa Days - Do your nails and your toenails, steam your face using some hot water and a few drops of natural oils. This will help clear your face, mind and lungs. Don't forget to do your eyebrows.
5) Dancing- Try to put on some music everyday. My favorite at the moment is Afrobeats and Ragga. I get in as much dancing as i can, to burn off those extra pounds gained from the quarantine diet!!!
6) Cooking - Cooking can be very therapeutic. If you have children, get them to join in. On today's menu, I have home made pizza and white chocolate brownies as suggested by my son.
Keep well, Stay home and stay safe